Selling Structured Settlement
Want a cash advance to make things a little easier when selling your structured settlement payments? Want to understand how cash advances work? You're in the right place.
Can I get cash for my structured settlement?
Absolutely! If you have a structured settlement and need funds immediately, you can sell your structured settlement in exchange for a lump sum payment. However, since selling a structured settlement can be a big financial decision, you should consult with an attorney or trusted financial adviser before moving forward. Also, be sure the company you're selling to (also known as a 'factoring company') has a good and trustworthy reputation in the industry. Fortunately, there are also state and federal laws and regulations that will protect you during the sale process.
How do I sell my structured settlement payments?
Selling your structured settlement is a relatively straightforward process:
- Reach out to us and speak with one of our friendly representatives. They will work with you to gather the necessary information about your structured settlement.
- After receiving the details of your structured settlement, we will send you a quote to buy your structured settlement.
- After considering our quote, if you decide to move forward with us, you would sign a contract and we would begin the process. Also, if you request a cash advance with your sale, you would receive it at this point.
- In most states, the sale request will have to be approved by a court. You will need to attend the hearing and explain your decision to sell the structured settlement and demonstrate that you and your family won't be in financial trouble because of the sale. If approved by the court, the approved transaction order would be forwarded to the insurance company.
- You will receive your full payment.
How much cash can I get if I sell my structured settlement?
The amount you receive from the sale will depend on various factors. Since the sale of a structured settlement is a business deal, the amount will need to be negotiated. Keep in mind that you are accepting less than the total value of the structured settlement in exchange for a lump sum payment and the factoring company will need to make a profit on the purchase, so these interests will need to be balanced. As such, it's a good idea to compare quotes from different factoring companies before making a choice.
Do you provide free quotes?
Yes! All of our quotes are provided free of cost, and you are not obligated to accept any of our quotes. And, of course, we would love your business if you like our offer.
Can I sell some of my structured settlement payments and keep the rest?
Of course. You can sell all of the remaining payments left on your structured settlement, or some of the payments, or just a portion of each payment. If you sell all of your remaining payments, you will receive a one-time lump sum. If you sell some of the payments for a certain period of time, you will continue to receive your remaining payments once the period has expired. If you sell a portion of each payment, you will continue to receive the balance of each payment.
Do I get money quickly after agreeing to sell my structured settlement?
Usually, it takes a couple of months to complete the sales process. However, if you need cash immediately, once you agree to sell us your structured settlement, you can request an advance, which is up front money that we will recoup from your lump sum once the sale is completed. The amount of the advance will depend on various factors such as the size of your structured settlement and your payment schedule.
Do I have to go to court?
In most states, maybe. Our representatives will help guide you through the process. When appearing in court, the judge may ask questions about the prospective sale. These questions can include:
- Do you understand the sale agreement?
- Have you had an independent attorney or account review the agreement for you?
- Have you solicited and compared offers from other competing companies?
- Have you investigated the reputation of this company you're seeking your structured settlement to?
- Do you understand that if you sell your structured settlement now that you will get less money that if you waited to collect all your installment payments?
- Do you have any current medical conditions and how are you paying for your healthcare today and in the future?
- Is there anyone you know who opposes the sale of your structured settlement?
Do I have to pay taxes if I sell structured settlement?
Generally, no. Under the Periodic Payment Settlement Act, in most cases the IRS cannot tax structured settlement income, regardless of whether it's paid in a lump sum or in regular installments. However, you should consult with an attorney or CPA on this issue because not all forms of structured settlements are protected from taxation. For example, structured settlements from cases involving injury, sickness or wrongful death are not taxable, whereas a structured settlement for a workplace incident not involving physical injury or illness will likely be taxable.
Do I have to pay fees when selling my structured settlement?
Since the company purchasing your structured settlement expects to make a profit on the transaction, they will give you a quote that includes their fee. This fee, discount rate, and interest rates will be factors you will need to consider when you receive a quote. By comparing quotes from various companies you will be able to decide which company's fee is the most reasonable.
Are your fees cheaper than other structured settlement companies?
We can't guarantee that they are without knowing the details of other companies' quotes, but we will always work to give you the best quote we can!